This is a very nice and popular cake that is loved by many
people. It is a delicious cheese cake topped with black forest
and chocolate paste. Do give this recipe a try.
Preparation Time: 30 Minutes
Cook Time: 1 Hour 30 Minutes
Ready In: 2 Hours
Serving: 12 persons
- 1 1/2 cups of cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup amaretto liqueur
- 1/4 cup maraschino cherry juice
- 4 ounces (2/3 cup) semisweet chocolate, melted
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 325*F (160*C).
- Combine cracker crumbs, sugar, cocoa powder and butter.
Mix well. Press into bottom and 1-inch up the sides of a
9-inch springform pan. Set aside.
- With an electric mixer on medium speed, beat cream
cheese until fluffy. Gradually add sugar, mixing well. Add
eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir
in amaretto and cherry juice until well blended.
- Pour filling into crust. Bake for 1 hour. Turn oven off,
and let stand in oven with door ajar at least 1 hour.
Remove from oven to wire rack. Cool for about 1 hour, or until
- Combine melted chocolate and sour cream. Spread evenly
over top of cooled cheesecake. Chill overnight. Garnish
with whipped cream and maraschino cherries.
<<Back to Cake