This is a very simple and easy recipe to follow and it takes
a short time to complete it. On completion, a loaf of sweet
white bread would be ready.
Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 40 Minutes
Ready In: 2 Hours 30 Minutes
Serving: 12 person
- 1 cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 eggs
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 cups bread flour
- In a large bowl, dissolve the
sugar in warm water, and then stir in yeast. Allow to proof
until yeast resembles a creamy foam.
- Mix salt and oil into the yeast.
Mix in flour one cup at a time. Knead dough on a lightly
floured surface until smooth. Place in a well oiled bowl,
and turn dough to coat. Cover with a damp cloth. Allow to
rise until doubled in bulk, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down. Knead for a few
minutes, and divide in half. Shape into loaves, and place
into 2 well oiled 9 x 5 inch loaf pans. Allow to rise for
30 minutes, or until dough has risen 1 inch above
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175
degrees C) for 30 minutes.
<<Back to Bread