This is a well-known and traditional cookie that is loved by
all ages. The butter cookie is simple and fast to make and it
is extremely fragrant.
Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
Ready In: 1 Hour 40 Minutes
Serving: 10 person
- 1/4 cup and 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/4 cup and 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1/4 egg
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, cream together
the butter and white sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in
the egg, then stir in the vanilla. Combine the flour and
salt; stir into the sugar mixture. Cover dough, and chill
for at least one hour. Chill cookie sheets.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
(200 degrees C). Press dough out onto ungreased, chilled
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the
preheated oven, or until lightly golden at the edges.
Remove from cookie sheets to cool on wire
<<Back to Cookie