This banana bread is moist and delicious with loads of
banana flavor. Friends and family would love this recipe and
say that the bread is simply delicious.
Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 1 Hour 5 Minutes
Ready In: 2 Hours 30 Minutes
Serving: 6 person
- 1 3/4 cup of All-purpose flour - sifted
- 2 teaspoons of Baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of Baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of Salt
- 1/3 cup of Shortening
- 2/3 cup of Granulated sugar
- 2 Eggs - well beaten
- 2 tablespoons Dark corn syrup
- 1 1/2 cup of Ripe bananas - well mashed
- 1/2 cup of Chopped walnuts
- Sift the flour, baking
powder, baking soda and salt together. With an electric
beater on low, fluff the shortening until soft and creamy
in a small bowl. Alternatively beat by hand until fluffy.
Add granulated sugar gradually.
- Beat in eggs and dark corn syrup
in a slow stream. With a fork, beat into the shortening a
third of the bananas, half the flour, another third of the
bananas, the remaining flour, and the last of the bananas.
Fold in the walnuts.
- Grease and sprinkle flour on a 1 1/2 quart mold and
pour mixture onto it and cover with a loosely fitting
- Place the pan on a rack or a trivet in the cooker.
Cover the cooker, but prop the lid open a fraction to let
excess steam escape. Cook on High for 2 to 3 hours, or
until uncooked spaghetti stick comes out of bread clean.
Cool bread on the rack for 10 minutes, then turn the bread
out of the mold. Dust over with brown sugar and serve
<<Back to Bread